Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Week in Photos: Christmas Vacation

For the past several years, I've always planned ahead to use vacation time during the holidays.  Starting this year, my company has instead issued a company-wide shutdown starting on Christmas Eve and has us returning to work in the New Year.  I was able to completely shut off my email and was able to REALLY enjoy the extra time with Ben.  While his school remained open most of break, he didn't go. 

Luckily, Greg had 2, 3-day weekends during that time so have loved having the extra time all together - and with friends! 

On our first day off, Ben and I hit the gym and then Starbucks for some breakfast.  While we were there, it started to snow - which was awesome and unexpected!
 
 
We braved the grocery store to do our Christmas dinner shopping (along with EVERY OTHER PERSON IN TOWN), and then headed to Toys R' Us!  Ben was gifted some money for Christmas from his grandparents and Aunt and Uncle, so I took him to pick out a few toys.  He chose the game "Pie Face" and an educational game about counting money (I swear, HIS choices)!

Still snowing!



On Christmas Eve we stayed in and tried my mom's Hot Butter Rum mix (amazing) and watched Love Actually.


Santa came!


Christmas Day was really fun this year.  We started the day with mimosas and brunch with my parents, followed by sangria and appetizers when Lisa, Evan, Shirley and Fred arrived, followed by wine and dinner, and topped off with hot butter rum and dessert. :)


Playing with his own personal cars land.


I was given a bunch of LUSH products (my favorite) so the day after Christmas I had a spa day at home :)


Ben in his new chair (on the couch):


This guy is ALL about the games lately!  He received Jenga, Monopoly Jr. and Life Jr. for Christmas and we have played them every day since.


I was able to crash "Grandma Wednesday" this week!  We went down to the pier and did Wings over Washington (so so much fun!), followed by lunch at Red Robin, and then a stop at the Seattle Center to visit the fountain and the children's museum.



On Thursday, we spent the day at home.  We did head out to the gym, followed by menchies :)


We stayed up late most of the week and one night Ben fell asleep on me :)  And I loved it.



And Ben lost another tooth!!!  It had been loose for a few weeks, and the night before he lost it it had started to bleed - which he REALLY did not like.  It was SO close to coming out, but he wasn't into the idea of Greg or I helping him get it out.  I was so happy to see that the first thing the following morning it came out.  :)



Kate, Ella and Jolie stopped by on their way home after spending the day in the area and it was wonderful to catch up with them.  Ben always loves having his friends over - plus we got to ask Kate all about Alt for Norge (the show she recently competed on) :)


We had dinner at the Christensen's house on Friday night and the boys had fun playing video games and running around like maniacs:


We haven't done much on New Year's Eve for the past several years, but we did go out for lunch if that counts for anything:

 
 

And on New Year's Day, the boys attempted to clean the gutters out (Ben there for moral support):



No comments:

Post a Comment