Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Meal Planning: November 19th - 25th (+ Thanksgiving!!)

Review from last week:



Made the rosemary chicken salad with avocado and bacon on Sunday evening.  Truly one of my favorite salads meals.


Made brunch pizza again - this time adding caramelized onions and mushrooms to my side of it.  Delicious.


Really loved this Blue Apron meal: Pork Bolognese.  I love it when they keep the recipes simple with limited ingredients - makes them much more easy to repeat! I also noticed a huge difference using my new stainless steel skillet to brown the meat and vegetables in.  I recently learned that stainless steel (vs nonstick) is the best for browning meat and making pan sauces.  This was proof enough for me! 


The chicken recipe from Blue Apron was really good too.  I really liked the farro + carrot combination!


While I'm not thrilled with Chick-Fil-A's politics in general, they do make a damn good spicy chicken sandwich....


Ancho Beef Tacos from Blue Apron.


 
Plan for next week:

Sunday: Leftover Enchiladas (that I froze from a batch I made a couple weeks ago)

Monday: Chicken Rigatoni with Vodka Sauce

Tuesday: Leftovers

Wednesday: TBD.  Wednesday night will be for prepping turkeys and getting the table set, so dinner will be whatever we can scrounge up :)

Thursday:  Thanskgiving!  We are doing turkey two ways, (one roasted  - dry brining this one, and one smoked) and gravy!

Friday: Leftovers!!!

Saturday: Leftovers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment