Monday, April 16, 2018

A Quick Weekend in Chicago

When we booked our flights, one of the options was to have a layover in Chicago.  Since I have never been, and since Greg has been really wanting to take us there, we decided to arrange a slightly longer layover in Chicago and stay a couple nights.  

We got up and the crack of dawn for our flight, only to realize that it had been cancelled and re-booked for 11 am instead (which turned out to be great - the extra sleep really helped)!



After landing in Chicago, taking the CTA train to our hotel, checking in, and freshening up, our first stop was Lou Mahati's for DEEP DISH PIZZA!  We were smart to go at 5 pm instead of going at a normal dinner time, because as we were waiting for our table, the place packed UP even more. 



And after all the hype, I have to say it: Deep dish isn't for me.  It was GREAT, don't get me wrong, but I didn't like the crust as much as I expected to!  Maybe it's because I was full from the carb overload from the rest of the week?  Perhaps...  STILL GREAT and I'd totally recommend this place :)


Views walking home from dinner.  It didn't rain much on Friday night...






Saturday's weather was a different story.  It was cloudy and misty in the morning when we walked to get our gyros and eggs. 







We had to grab an uber from breakfast to get to out next destination: The Field Museum!  This was a fun stop and we enjoyed a few hours there!











We made a stop at a cute cafe on the way back to the hotel for cappuccino and a churro for Ben.





Greg then took Ben to go bowling at the alley next door while I got a quick workout in at the hotel.  We grabbed a late lunch at Harry Carey's





Next up, we tried to go to the Sky Deck at Willis Tower, but when we arrived they told us there was 0% visibility - so we saved the $65 bucks and went to Eataly!



I'm OBSESSED with Eataly.  If you are ever in Chicago, or NYC, or Boston or LA: GO.  It's a really fun place to kill a few hours, especially when the weather sucks.











We finished the night off with a glass of wine at City Winery (right across the river from our hotel) and then a quick dinner at Sullivan's Steakhouse.  Greg and I shared a delicious filet with a side of creamed spinach and Ben was a rock star. (He ate his dinner earlier and quietly watched a show on Greg's phone while we enjoyed our meal together)!





I'm already looking forward to my next chance to visit Chicago!  Hopefully in warmer weather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment