Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Week in Photos: Last day of Kindergarten, Hiking with Kristin, and Summer Break So Far!

Ben celebrated his last day of Kindergarten on June 22nd!



The next day we went out for dinner and a movie at McMenamin's and saw The Indredible's 2 (which, btw, was incredible).  Such a fun night and great way to kick off summer vacation!




Early the next morning, Ben and I picked up Kristin and we went for a hike at Wallace Falls!  When Kristin invited us to join her for a hike, I wasn't entirely sure how Ben would do, but he surprised me entirely by doing GREAT and really enjoying it!  We had planned to play it by ear and just see how far we could go, but after achieving the lower falls, we decided to continue on to the middle falls, and then ALMOST reached the very top (but then realized our legs were tired and the view pay off wasn't even as good as it was at the middle falls).  We felt so accomplished!



Kristin printed out a scavenger hunt for Ben to do which kept him eager and occupied the entire time.














That night, I had Maureen and Rachel (+ Raleigh and Pepper) over for pizza and wine.  As always, an overdue visit with them!



What else has happened in our first weeks of summer break:

Ben lost his 8th tooth!



Ben spent hist first week at camp, which he LOVED.  The second week (week of the 4th of July), he stayed home with me.  On Monday, we went out to lunch :)




My mom and I went to see The Color Purple and it was incredible! 







We had a yummy brunch in Fremont before the show:



Ben was nice enough to join me and Greg for a little wine tasting in Woodinville :)  The boys were in love with this dog at one of the spots.






Ben has been asking me to buy him a pair of compression pants for months. I finally found a pair and he wants to wear them every day.  I really don't understand boy fashion, but he is super into choosing his clothes and its pretty cute that he even cares.



We made some 4th of July crack mix to share with friends!





Kickball with our friends!  I can see this becoming a summer evening ritual.



No comments:

Post a Comment