Thursday, November 24, 2011

2 months old (and Happy Thanksgiving)






Today, on Thanksgiving, Ben turned 2 months old.  It is, of course, shocking - but I have to admit, as he grows bigger and stronger (which devastates me at times), he is becoming so much more fun!  For example, last night - he laughed.  I melted.  I was pretending to eat his fist, which apparently was hilarious.  It was so adorable and a teeny tiny sound, and I just cannot wait until that turns into a big, belly laugh!

On the eve of Ben turning 8 weeks old, Ben slept for 8 LONG hours.  Since then, he has slept for 8, 9 and 10 hours from the time I first put him down, and then allowing me to sleep until an early morning feed (around 5 am).  It isn't like this every night right now, but it definitely seems to be a developing pattern. 

We also have noticed just in this last week that Ben is reaching out and hitting the animals that dangle above him on his activity mat.  Yesterday, he was working so hard at it that he passed right out and took a little nap.  He also is doing great during tummy time, and can hold himself up in this position for quite some time!




We tried out his Bumbo chair, which he looks like a little old man in.  I keep a pillow propped up behind him as I don't feel his head is quite steady enough.


Seriously....this is what I look at all day!




Ben is just the sweetest baby ever, not giving much trouble to mom and dad at all.  Perhaps he will make up for it in his toddler years?

No comments:

Post a Comment