Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mason James Daurie


Steph and Mason - taking "New Mom Glow" to a whole new level.  BEAUTIFUL!


Back when Ben was just a teeny little baby, during a coffee date with Steph, she shared the news with me that she was pregnant!  I was still high off of my new-baby hormones, and could hardly contain my joy for her and her expanding family!

On Monday evening, June 11th at 8:01 pm, Mason James Daurie was finally born!  My long time friend Steph (friends since middle school) had her adorable little boy, after quite the labor experience!  I knew I was in for a good story, considering the fact that she and I had been in touch at 5:26 pm confirming a coffee date for the following morning:


When I saw that Mason had arrived just a couple hours later (at a hospital about 40 miles south from where Steph lives), I was in SHOCK. Um, what?


I had the pleasure of visiting Steph, her husband Jesse and little Mason today, and finally got the scoop.  Steph started feeling "a little uncomfortable" around 6:30 ish on Monday night.  While Steph was reluctant, Jesse insisted that they head to the hospital, and on the way (with Kylie, their 7 year old daughter in the back seat), Steph's contractions intensified, her water broke, and Mason was about to make his debut right there on the freeway!  They arrived at the hospital MINUTES before Mason came out.  I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around such a fast labor, especially considering there was not ONE SECOND of urgency throughout my entire labor with Ben.

I am so incredibly proud of and impressed with Steph!  Mason is SO perfect!  He is joining such a fun, loving family and has such a great life in store for him.

Steph has been such a wonderful friend, and such a huge help to us since Ben was born.  I don't think that more than a couple weeks has gone by without her stopping by with an outfit, a meal, a coffee, or her just dropping by on her lunch hour to see what Ben is up to!  I am so excited to be able to do what I can to make life a little easier for HER now that she is adjusting to her new life as a mother of two!

Congrats, Steph!  Mason is perfect and we are SO happy to have a new little boy to add to the crew :)


Me and Mason!  FINALLY!



Ben exploring their dining room

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jess! What a sweet post! I enjoyed our visit last week so much! I am so glad you met our Mason! Also, thanks for dinner! It was super thoughtful of you and delicious! It was so nice to just throw something already prepared in the oven! Awhhh....loved it! I love the pic of Ben under the table! He has found his favorite nook at our place :) You are so special to me and I am so thankful to be able to share the parenting journey with you as our boys grow!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete