Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July



It's funny, on each major holiday or special occasion last year, I would think to myself, "Next year at this time, we will have a ____ month old".  I distinctly remember sitting in our friends Dan and Jeannette's yard last year thinking, "Next year, I will have a 9 month old".  Of course, I was also thinking, "It sucks that I am the only one who can't drink today". :)

So, fast forward to this 4th of July:  9 month old baby, a sunny day off in the middle of the week, and some more fun with friends! 

I started the day off with a little errand running and shopping by myself.  Ben must be going through a growth spurt or something, because by the time I left at 9:45 am, he was already down for his second nap of the day.  When I returned, the three of us (in coordinating red, white and blue) went for a stroll through the Mill Creek Town Center.  We even ran into some of the new friends we met on our babymoon last year on the clipper to Victoria - so fun :)

After a third nap for Ben, we packed our stuff in the car and drove to Lake Stickney where this year's party was - which conveniently was about a 4 minute drive from our house.  Nice!

We enjoyed a few drinks, an awesome BBQ spread, the sunshine, a "drive contest" (as in golfing off the dock into the water), some music, great conversation, and were home and in bed before any of the fireworks.  (Perfect in my opinion - I hate fireworks).

Hope you all had a happy 4th of July, too!


At the Town Center


With Dan and Jeannette


Gimme some hamburger!



Loud and scary firecrackers! 

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I found myself doing the exact same thing yesterday - thinking about how we'll have an 8.5 month old next Fourth of July, and wishing I could have an icy cold Coors Light right now :)

    ReplyDelete