Monday, July 30, 2012

Grown-up Dinner Party

On Sunday evening, Rachel and Peter decided to throw together an impromptu dinner party and invited us and the Ochiltree's over!  They had recently purchased a new dining room table (and a fancy gun safe) so it was the perfect excuse to have a few people over to check them out :)

Everything looked SO nice - the table, the place settings, the flowers - it felt very put together and grown-up.  I guess I have become used to eating cereal on the couch in my pajamas....


Peter grilled up some delicious flank steak, Becca made an amazing summer salad, Rachel made a mouth-watering pineapple upside down cake, Greg (not pictured) made tequila lime tiger prawns, and Cam and I relaxed and drank ;)







It was nice for Ben to be able to crawl around on the grass too - although, it seemed as though he didn't like his knees touching the ground, so he revised his method of getting around:

 



Practicing!  Next year this time, this will be Becca and Cam's little guy!

Greg decided to put on Peter's horse head (!!??!!) to see what Ben thought of it...:



Becca and Cam


Peter, Cam and Greg


Me, Rachel and Becca
and Ben

It was a super fun summer evening!  Ben did pretty darn well for skipping out on his afternoon nap for the second day in a row.  I am mad at myself that I didn't throw the pack and play in the car because if I had, I would have put him down to sleep and extended our night a little longer.  We attempted to put him to sleep inside Rachel's ottoman, but he wasn't having it ;)


Thanks, Cougans, for a wonderful evening!  And I can't wait to re-learn Settler's next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment