Tuesday, July 3, 2012

9 Month Checkup

Unrelated photo - fresh from the bath, and giving me his best "Gerber Baby" look


Ben had his 9 month check up on Monday!

Weight: 19 lbs, 9 oz - (25th - 50th percentile)
Height: 28.5 inches - (50th - 75th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18.25 inches (75th percentile)

I thought that we were going to avoid shots completely at this visit, but since he got a flu shot instead of some other shot (I can't keep up) at 6 months, he had to get the third (whatever) shot at this visit.  It was quick, with about 20 seconds of sad crying following the shot, but then it was over and we were out of there.

Nothing super exciting to report on, other than the fact that my doctor encouraged me to start feeding Ben "more dense calories" when it comes to his solid foods.  Clearly, this whole food thing has been a bit of an issue for us from the start, both with him not taking well to it for awhile, and with me not having much patience or creativity in the kitchen...but she gave me the go ahead for him to try anything but honey.  This actually helps me a little because now that I know he really is able to have ANYTHING we are eating (assuming it is not a choking hazard and assuming it's not totally non-nutritious).

Her exact words were, "butter on his toast, cheese sauce on his vegetables, peanut butter (!?!) on his banana".

So....

When we returned from the appointment, I shared some of my bagel and cream cheese with him.  He loved it. For dinner, he enjoyed whole wheat pasta slathered with butter and cheese with a side of zucchini (LOVED it - especially the zucchini, BTW). 

No comments:

Post a Comment