Thursday, March 28, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of April 1st

Woah...April already? 

Review of Last Week:

  • I LOVED the chicken sausage and quinoa stuffed squash.  (Thanks, Brenna)!  It was simple, and didn't require too many ingredients, and I will definitely make it again.  It made for a great lunch the next day, (since, duh, Greg doesn't eat squash).

  • The turkey spaghetti bake was good, too.  I made mine with chicken.  Ben devoured it for dinner 2 times and once for lunch.
  • Pineapple pork kabobs - yum.  We had them on Thursday night, after Greg mowed the lawn, on the back deck, with an ice cold beer.  It was lovely :)  Springtime is the best.
 
Sorry for all the photos, but I wanted to document our first dinner on the deck since we have moved.  We LOVE it here.  Very much looking forward to all that Spring and Summer will bring :)
 



 
And one outtake...:

 

  • I Didn't make the stew this week - I ended up juicing the kale instead and making sweet potato fries to go with the kabobs :)
The extended forecast is looking nicccccccccccccccce.  (How sad is it that mid-high 60's is so thrilling around here)?  I am eager to (have Greg) BBQ a lot this week - so the more of our meals that can be cooked outside, the better.

This weekend, we have some friends coming over on Saturday evening for dinner.  I'm hoping that we can put the patio furniture outside and at least enjoy a cocktail out there before it becomes too chilly.  (Might need to invest in one of those outdoor heaters they sell at Costco....someday).  The plan is to have blackened cod tacos and margaritas!

Sunday is Easter, and my parents are coming over for brunch, egg dying and possibly an egg hunt for Ben :)  My mom is making her delicious danish puff, and Greg and I will make scrambled eggs, bacon and mimosas!

And for the week:

Monday:  Grilled tandoori chicken and risotto.  (Trader Joe's has a delicious mushroom risotto that is quick and easy).  Greg's marinade is amazing and simple - teriyaki sauce and tandoori spice.  Try it.

Tuesday: Steaks and grilled vegetables

Wednesday:  Boboli Pizza and salad.  I've discovered a new favorite homemade recipe: prosciutto and "power greens" (or arugula) with a pesto/alfredo sauce.

Thursday: Burgers with sweet potato and parsnip fries.

Friday: Our rescheduled dinner date with the Pieper's (Ben was too sick for us to entertain last time).  I'm taking next Wednesday-Friday off, and I'm tempted to slow roast something "fancy" since I will have the time to do it....but I cannot land on a recipe quite yet.  I'll probably end up meal planning for this night and doing the shopping for it next week.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment