Monday, March 11, 2013

Sick Baby



 
This was not the first time that Ben has been sick, but it definitely was the worst he has experienced in his almost 18 months.  On Wednesday evening, my friends Kim, Shauna and her baby toddler Bronson came over for dinner.  The night was one of those nights where NOTHING was going right.  The dinner I had made (taquitos) looked disgusting, so I had to scramble and come up with a plan B for us to eat, the water heater started only heating water to lukewarm, and Ben literally cried from the second they arrived until the second they left.  I attributed his fussiness to either teething (as his fingers rarely left his mouth that night) or just being a pill and wanting my undivided attention - but we soon realized that he felt warm and was likely under the weather.
 
The next day, his temp got up to 103.3.  I took him to the walk-in clinic, and after checking him out, figured it was just a virus.  They gave me clear instructions that should his temp rise above 104 or approach 105 to go directly to the ER.  That night, it did - so we did!
 
The three of us spent a few hours at Children's, which really is such a fantastic place to be if you have a sick baby.  I felt really lucky for the care we received, and even luckier to go home with our baby (knowing so many people there didn't have that opportunity).
 
Ben spent most of the weekend with off and on fevers, but he seems to be on the mend now!  The only positive about the last few days is how snugly he has been!  Him sitting still for longer than 10 seconds is a rarity.  I definitely prefer my busy, constantly on the go child :)

1 comment:

  1. Get better, Ben! It's so heart-breaking when your babies are sick. Give him a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete