Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Ingles, lately (and photos)

It amazes me sometimes how quickly the days/weeks/months are going by.  The fact that it is mid-March right now, and that Ben is just days away from turning 18 months old, just seems impossible.

I feel like the three of us have settled into a nice, happy routine lately.  There definitely have been moments over the past several months where it has felt as though I wasn't balancing everything well.   I have felt at times that I wasn't giving enough focus or I didn't have enough drive at work.  I have noticed how hard it is to keep up a consistent yoga practice when there are simply too many other things to take care of.  I have had moments with Ben where I have wondered where my chill, always-happy baby had gone.  Greg and I have felt the shift that happens when you use up all of your patience with your kid, that at the end of the day, you have less of that for one another.

The good great news (and the reason I am blogging about it now) is that, just like with everything else in life, there will be moments that you feel great and in control, and others where you simply do not - and that with time, things will get better and we will learn how to adapt to the situation we are in. 

After Ben got sick last week (while simultaneously cutting two enormous molars), I gained a shift in perspective.  I felt SO thankful that we simply had health insurance and were able to take Ben to Children's without the financial worry.  I felt even luckier that Greg and I have jobs that allow us to take time away from work to nurse him to health.  What a wake-up call it is when you realize how much these things matter - and how many of the other things we tend to worry about are small and unimportant.

This week, my boss came into my office and told me how much he appreciates how hard I'm working and from the sounds of it, the program I am managing will be expanded this year!  He told me how well he thinks I'm balancing work and being a mom, and told me that family always comes first.  He reaffirmed that my in office/work from home situation is working out great for him - that the results of my work has proved to him that I am capable of being trusted to complete work outside the office.  It was such a nice thing for him to say, and I feel so lucky that my work community is so supportive.

Over the past 7 days, I have attended THREE yoga classes (a record post-Ben) and I can tell such a difference in my mood.  Greg is pumped about the guys night he has scheduled for this Friday, and I'm excited that he is going to get a break from everything for the evening!  I've been cooking a lot of our meals, (and doing a lot of juicing), and have purposely cut back a little on my yoga teaching commitments and social events in order to relax a little and soak up this time with my family.  Spring seems to be just around the corner (hopefully!) and I'm eager to spend more time outdoors with Ben.  

Ben, too, seems so happy these days!  After he recovered from his virus (and after his teeth came in), he seems like a new kid!  There has been a lot less whining.  (Thank God).  He has become a fantastic eater. He is constantly running, jumping, climbing, and balancing on things - and he LOVES to nap.  Lately, he will walk into his room and stand by his crib when it's time for him to nap and then HAPPILY lay down (and sometimes will giggle) when I put him inside it while he waits to be tucked in.  (And he is napping twice a day, STILL, often for 2+ hours each).

Anyway, I'm happy and thankful and life is good! Om.

And now, pictures!

Climbing and balancing Exhibits A and B:


 
Being a good eater Exhibits A and B:
 


 
Being adorable:
 
 
(LOVES to hold hands in the car).

 
Boot model.
 
Being a sissy:


 
 
On the carousel at the zoo.
 
I couldn't possibly love this little goofball more :)
 


 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment