Thursday, March 21, 2013

Meal Planning - Week of March 25th

Review of last week:

  • The cream of tomato soup was SO good.  Greg and Ben highly approved.  Ben especially loved dipping his grilled cheese into it.
  • The crock pot beef carnita tacos were amazing as well!  2 for 2 with the new recipes!
  • I discovered a new favorite juice recipe: Pineapple, Mango, Ginger with a dash of vanilla.  I rarely buy mangos, and in the process of buying some for juice, I discovered that Ben LOVES them.
We recently purchased a cheap, $20 BBQ grill to hold us over until Greg finds his "perfect" new outdoor grill.  It has me yearning for warm summer nights where I can enjoy a glass bottle of chardonney out on the deck or patio while I watch Ben play in the yard (or in his sandbox that I am determined to build for him).  I came across this add in the new Target "Threshold" catalog, and am hell-bent on creating a similar outdoor atmosphere:

 
I have already purchased a set of twinkly lights, we have the patio furniture set, we brought Greg's super old (but surprisingly nice) table and chairs from the house he lived in when I met him 8+ years ago (that had been being stored by his old roommate all this time!) and I bought a new set of outdoor/plastic plates and bowls. 
 
 

Now, all we need is the freaking sunshine and warm weather!
 
This was a massive tangent all to say that I am planning to have Greg do a little grilling this week in anticipation of the months to come!
 
Monday: Turkey Spaghetti Bake with salad.
 
Tuesday: Pineapple Pork Kabobs with rice.
 
Wednesday: Leftovers!
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you that I LOVE your meal planning posts! I've already tried a couple of your recipes (honey sesame chicken and the chicken gyros), both delicious! I'm definitely gonna try the crock pot beef carnitas tacos, yum!

    ReplyDelete