Thursday, August 15, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of August 19th

Review from last week:

The spaghetti squash and meatballs was GOODDDDDDDDDD.  Like, if you have enough meat and sauce, it's kind of hard to notice or care that your noodles aren't actually pasta.  We will be doing this more often.

 
The crab-stuffed halibut was amazing as well, and the prosciutto garlic green beans along with it were the perfect compliment. I also recreated a red grape/black grape/blueberry mint salad that our friends Denali and Kyle brought over a few weeks back.  I'm pretty sure this is the only way I want to eat grapes now.
 
 
 
Sadly, the olives that I had for my chicken paillard had gone bad (sob), so we just had grilled chicken with green beans and salad instead.
 
 
And finally, we decided to have meatball pizza and caprese salad instead of "turf and turf". 

 
Now for next week!

You know those weeks where you just don't feel like cooking OR grocery shopping?  I'm having one of those.  It must be because we did a pretty good job of making meals over the past several nights :)  Luckily, we have a freezer full of various meat and enough of the right ingredients where I'm hoping to only need to do a light grocery run and minimal cooking.  We also have 2 planned evenings out, and another night where Greg plans to golf after work, (aka cereal for dinner) and I'm totally fine with it.

Monday:  Grilled chicken and salad.  Boring but an easy go-to :)

Tuesday:  Golf/Cheerios

Wednesday:  Dinner at Becca and Jess's new house!

Thursday: Paleo Lettuce Wraps

Friday:  Party at the Cougans!

And I'm lazy, so I don't want to plan for next weekend.  We have a birthday party on Saturday and a planned boating day on Sunday, so we will see where the day(s) take us :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment