Friday, August 9, 2013

"This is a Show"

 
I meant to post this awhile back when I recorded it.  Ben's thing for the past month or so has been to point to things and say "This?  This?".

Yesterday, this evolved into him pointing at the TV while it was on and saying, "This is a show".  A little startled at my ability to understand him clearly, I looked at him and said, "Yes, this is a show....".  To which he nodded and responded very matter-of-factly,

"This is a showwwww".

(For the record, the show was Sex and the City).

Also, we started speech therapy this week.  During our first visit with his therapist, Katie, Ben signed "please" and said "shoes" (while pointing at a picture of shoes).

The other day, while Ben was sucking on his fingers (I'm thinking he has some back molars coming in), Greg asked Ben if he was sucking his thumb.  Ben said what sounded like "sucking thumb". 

This morning, while fascinated with my bracelet, he said "This is mama's...." to which I filled in "bracelet".  He responded with, "This is mama's bracwe;lktnt".  I'm counting it.

So, apparently we are going to move straight into full sentences? I totally cannot wait to hear more of what is going on in his little brain :)  Apparently he is interested in SATC, trucks and bling.  I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment