Friday, September 6, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of September 9th

Review from last week:


I'm such a fan of spaghetti squash now, and apparently so is Ben.  He sat on Greg's lap and ate bite after bite (with the "big" fork).  So satisfying.

The chicken tortilla soup was another hit for the whole family, and I was able to enjoy it for lunch for a few extra days!

I seriously wish I could make buerre blanc sauce and put it on every dish, but that amount of butter just isn't right.  (Unless my Mother in Law, Marcia, is in town cooking for us, in which case calories don't count and we just sit back and ENJOY delicious, buttery meals) :)  Anyway, we occasionally will make it to go on our fish and it's so good.

 
We also had major success with the Chicken Mole recipe!  I had mine with roasted brussels sprouts w/ pine nuts and prochiutto. 
 
 
This next week will be an interesting one.  I'll be away at a work retreat on Monday and Tuesday night, returning too late on Wednesday to worry about cooking anything for dinner.  Combined with our plans to travel up to Bellingham this Sunday to spend the day and have dinner with my friend Kate and her family and a wedding reception next Saturday night, that leaves only a few nights to meal plan.

Since I'll be working from home on the days that I am not away at the retreat, I figure I'll throw together something delicious for Greg and Ben to have on Monday and for left overs.

Monday:  Creamy Crockpot Tomato Soup.  Perfect for the boys to have with grilled cheese sandwiches.

Thursday: Chicken Gyros

Friday: Minute Steak with Fried Egg and Warm Arugula Salad
 

No comments:

Post a Comment