Friday, August 28, 2015

Week in photos

DEEP into Wall-E.



Yoga at school.
A cute pic, but this day was really quite scary...
 
 
It all started when Ben woke up and the first thing he asked me was, "Mom, will you carry me to my toys"?

My first response was, "Uh, NO - you can walk to your toys...."...but when I actually made him do it, I saw that he was LIMPING.  And it wasn't just a slight limp - it looked serious.

He pointed to the spot where it hurt (his hip flexor) but couldn't tell me much else.  Watching him get up from a seated position looked painful.

After monitoring him most of the day, (and bringing this pillow from his tent to his truck area so he could still play), I finally called his doctor to see what they suggested.  They wanted to see him immediately, which I should have assumed.  

After a physical exam, they had him do an X-Ray.  After the X-Ray revealed nothing, they suggested a blood test.  When I asked them what they would be testing his blood for, the doctor (hesitantly) told me the (extremely scary) things they would want to rule out.

I decided to give him a day or two to see if it would improve because while my mind had already gone to a DARK place, I also didn't want to unnecessarily traumatize him with a blood draw until I knew it wasn't an injury.

Luckily, the next day he was a little better, and the next day he was nearly 100% better, and now he is completely fine.  No further testing necessary. Must have either been a scooter injury, or possibly this, and we are all very relieved.
Laryd turned 7!



Ben enjoyed playing with Cora!



Silly faces before work :)



Fabkids, a division of Fabletics, offered a free first outfit for the cost of shipping (4.95).  I got Ben a plaid flannel shirt and a pair of cute sweatpants (5T...!) and when we opened the package, Ben hugged them to him and said "I LOVE my clothes!  They are so comfy cozy"!  Adorable.  I've never seen him enthused about his clothing like that before. #mamasboy

1 comment: