Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Mother/Daughter Weekend!

 
 
This past weekend, my mom, Lisa, Shirley and I embarked on a mother-daughter getaway to Orcas Island!  While the weather left something to be desired, the company and accommodations ddefinitely did NOT!

On Saturday morning, the 4 of us headed to catch the ferry in Anacortes.  We arrived on the island at lunch time and grabbed soup and sandwiches at Rose's Bakery Cafe.

I had the most delicious mushroom soup that I've been craving another cup of.
 

Next up, we drove to check in to the Rosario Resort.  I had originally booked us a suite.  The day before we were set to arrive, they called me to let me know that the suite I had booked was not available (???) but that they would like to upgrade us at no charge to one of the residences (!!!).  Needless to say, we got hooked up!

Here is the view from our deck:
 

And the view from on of the bedrooms:
 
 
I would love to come back here again and stay longer next time!  Maybe when the weather is a little nicer!

There was a giant kitchen that we probably should have cooked dinner in, a nice sized living room with a fire place, and amazing views everywhere we turned.
After awhile, we decided to head back to town to check out some of the stores before it got too dark.  We had fun wandering around the bookstore, some art galleries, and a kitchen store before heading back to the resort to have dinner - followed by staying up super "late" (11 pm!).


The next morning, we had breakfast at the New Leaf Cafe (I had a mushroom, spinach, goat cheese omelet with truffle oil).


On our way back to the ferry, we stopped at Orcas Island Pottery, which was in the middle of the woods in this big, beautiful clearing.  Ben would have loved the tree house they had! 

 

 

These faces were so funny - I took these photos to show Ben:



When I showed this one to Ben, I kept asking him "Who is that??"  I wanted SO BADLY for him to say "Daddy?", but he let me down ;)


On the ferry ride back we attempted this puzzle that they have out for anyone to play.  Most of us gave up pretty quickly :)

It was such a fun time to spend with Lisa and the moms - I'm hoping we can all do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment