Sunday, July 10, 2016

Week in Photos: Day Trip to Suncadia, 4th of July, a Day in Seattle, and Wild Waves!

Ben's school is simply the BEST.  He is loving his new classroom, and I am loving all of the pictures I get to see of what he is up to throughout the day!

Enjoying a little performance from a few girls in one of the older classrooms :)  I love that Ben is front and center.  I'm planning on him attending a week at this Broadway Bound summer camp next year when he is old enough (I want him to appreciate musicals and the theater as much as his mama does)! :)






 
 


I was off last week, so I kept him home from school one day to spend the day together.  We had lunch and played at Elevated Sportz!
 

Dinner and a play date at Rachel's with Maureen and all of our kids!  I made pasta, Maureen brought a salad, and Rachel made me my favorite dessert of all time: Pineapple Upside Down Cake.



Last Sunday, with no plans for the entire day, I suggested to Greg that we drive over to Suncadia (where I had been once before for a work conference) to show him to resort, hike on the trails, and explore the area!  I knew he would absolutely love this view - and I was right. 










When we first arrived, the weather was actually very windy and rainy!  We stopped at the lodge for coffee and bagels, and luckily the weather turned around before we left.  We were able to walk all around the resort, vote in a chili cook-off (us), jump in a bouncy house (Ben), and let Ben ride his scooter all around the trails!  

A former coworker of mine, Rhea, and his family had a house built somewhere near the resort.  I had text him letting him know we were stopping in for the day, and asked if he was around.  (The property was being built for the past couple years we worked together and I had see all of the progress).  Unfortunately, he was in Seattle that weekend.  FORTUNATELY, he called to give us the access code to his house!!  His text went something like this:

"My house is located [here].  This is the access code.  There is beer in the fridge, there is wine in the cellar.  ENJOY YOURSELVES".

So, we did for awhile :)  The only thing that would have made it better is if he and his family had been there for us to visit with them!


 

The ride home:

 

We took Ben down to the Burke Gilman Trail for a bike ride, but stopped for a bagel first.

 

The 4th of July! We were invited to go to his friend Freya's house and we had such a blast!  Their neighborhood does the GOOD fireworks, so it was great to enjoy those (from afar).

 



My mom's friend Karen was in town, so Ben and I joined them for a morning at the Seattle Art Museum and Pike Place, and lunch at Etta's.




 

 

They had a computer lab set up for people to make their own art, so Ben and I made a fruit picture.





It was the second Friday of the month, which means it was Parent's Night Out!  Greg and I had dinner at the Italian place around the corner from our house that we have been hearing amazing things about for YEARS.  It was great.



We took Ben to Wild Waves/Enchanted Village, to see how he would do with "rides" when we got to Disneyland in a couple months.  He did GREAT - surprising us by being down to do a few scary (ish) rides!  Can't wait to do the real thing with him in September.


Ben showing me some of his cartoons and letting me snuggle the crap out of him.


Pony rides at Arabell's birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment