Monday, July 25, 2016

Week in Photos: Haircuts, School Fun, Brunch for Rachel and a Day in Bellingham

My mom, always the crafty grandma, made a life-sized Ben picture by outlining him and then they colored him together.  I DIED when I got home and saw this!


He loved taking it to school for show and share!
 

Ben's new teacher at school posts SO many more photos of their class than the last one did, so it's been extra fun to see what they are up to this year.







The evolution of Ben's haircut :/

We started by getting him a fun 'do at the little kid salon a couple months ago.  Then the sides started to grow out, so Greg stepped in and shaved the sides - and it looked awesome.

THEN the top was too long.  
 

So I took him in to get it trimmed, and his look reminded me of Bart Simpson after that...

 

So then I asked Greg to shave it all off so we could grow it back long for the Fall (because I love his hair longer...).

I'm still not used to it and can't wait for it to grow back!  But in the meantime, we don't have to be worried about lice and it's nice for the heatwave we are experiencing :)


Last weekend we had a brunch for Rachel to celebrate baby Pepper's upcoming arrival!  It was so fun to sit around and catch up with this group.


With Maureen - who also has a baby on the way!  Due in November :)  This is the second time she and Rachel are pregnant at the same time.  I have to suffer through it and drink all the wine for them when we get together ;)



Ben was in need of some bigger tennis shoes this year, so I looked for the TALLEST shoes to get him up over the 46" mark to be able to go on the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland - and it did the trick!  Cute side note: Every time I show Ben some new (or new to him) clothes or shoes or jammies, he is SO happy and thanks me profusely.  It's adorable.


Having fun with photos with a new app: Prisma


New sunglasses - swag from a training I had to go to last week.


Ben saw some kids riding their bikes/scooters around at a skate park on YouTube Kids, and he asked if he could try that.  So we took him to the park over the weekend and he loved it.


My friend Kate (picture below, left) recently returned from competing in a Norwegian reality show: Alt For Norge! Callie and I and our families went up to Bellingham to hangout for the day and hear all about her experiences there!  We had the best day!

These ladies and I have been friends since middle school and I am so grateful for their friendship!
 

The offspring:  Ben, Mira (8), Ella (6), Maylee (6), and Jolie (4).


No comments:

Post a Comment