Friday, October 21, 2016

Week in Photos: Ben's Arts & Crafts, 9 Year Anniversary, and my 35th Birthday

Taking a little stroll through the neighborhood on the last sunny day before many, many days of rain.


Ben has been showing an interest in drawing pictures and I love it so much! Not only are the pictures he draws often hilarious (and creative), it also is a nice, quiet activity for him to do :)


This one I found to be particularly hilarious: I asked Ben why he had a sad face.  He told me that he is sad "because dad is tooting" (see picture of dad - he is wearing a golf hat).  Still not sure why I am smiling about it...


Freya and her parents came over for dinner one night and brought these super fun haunted ginger bread houses for Ben and Freya to decorate.  So fun.


Fun at school!





Greg and I went out to dinner and movie to celebrate our 9th anniversary!  :)



My 35th birthday will definitely go down in (our) history as a memorable one!  Back when Greg turned 35, I threw him an epic (if I do say so myself) surprise party at a brewery we loved.  I am pretty sure this planted the seed for Greg that he would want to return the favor for mine.  

Over the years, I thought I had been pretty clear that I wasn't into being surprised....I think I said "take me on a trip instead"!  I am not sure where this comes from, other than liking to be in control of all the things ;)

And an important side note, I have somehow managed to really hurt my back between Disneyland and now.  Something is pinching a nerve and the whole right side of my body is being affected.  (SO FUN - I'm visiting doctors and resolving it, but it's affected my mood as well)!

The Tuesday before my birthday, I started pressing Greg about what the plans were he had in store for Saturday.  So far, I know he had arranged for my mom to watch Ben while we went out for lunch and massages - but then some sort of "dinner surprise" was in store.  I was in pain that night, and started to get really annoyed when Greg wouldn't share his plans with me.  

The results was a full on meltdown, with Greg eventually telling me EXACTLY what he had in store: A SURPRISE PARTY.

It took me a few minutes to relax and be grateful for everything he had been working on with my friends, but then I got SO EXCITED for it to happen.  Turns out I do like surprise parties!  Or at least I enjoy all of my friends getting together for food and drinks (AND HAMILTON) without my having to plan or be concerned with any of the details.

To all my friends who came, you made my birthday so special and I am SO LUCKY to have you all and a husband who tried his best to surprise  me :)  I felt very loved!

Here are some pictures from the most amazing birthday party I've ever had!  The best food (and jello shots) prepared by Rachel, Lisa, Maureen, Callie and my mom (and maybe even more people I'm unaware helped)!  And the most epic Hamilton photo booth made by Erica!















No comments:

Post a Comment