Thursday, September 14, 2017

Kindergarten



Ben had his first day of Kindergarten on Monday, September 11, 2017.  What a big change from the last time he started at a new school.  This time around there were NO tears, no clinging (except on my part), just pure and utter excitement at getting to spend the day with friends new and old.  

I drove Ben to school on his first day.  As we walked in, hand in hand, he suddenly let go of mine saying "I don't need to hold a hand".  When he saw the look on my face, he quickly grabbed it back.  We found his teacher, he lined up with his class, and then they all walked in together.  (The teacher, wisely, decided to take the kids back to the room by herself vs. letting parents say goodbye in the classroom.  I think she avoided a lot of emotional meltdowns by doing that!).  I had planned to pick Ben up at school on his first day, but he told me he wanted to ride the bus home with his friends.  He also bought hot lunch (because it was pizza) and had a great first day!

And for the rest of the week, he has rode the bus to and from school each day - loving every second of it.  (And so am I)!

What a fun adventure he is on these days!

On Monday morning, I woke up to this picture my mom sent of me on my first day of Kingergarten :) 


I was pretty excited to pack lunches for Ben in his new bento luncbox!  I'm taking pictures so I can remind myself of different food options as the year goes along.  The plan is for Ben to purchase lunch at school on all of the days when the menu offers something acceptable to him ;)  I'm hoping with the school having more kid-friendly options, he will feel encouraged to be a little bit more adventurous.  (Not holding my breath there).



No comments:

Post a Comment