Friday, January 9, 2015

First Day of SCHOOL


I never thought the day would come that I would be able to let go of my "baby", Ben - but here we are.  He is 3.25 years old, growing up so fast, and almost suddenly, requiring a little bit of structure and "real-life" experience that I am not able to provide for him at home.

With Callie's youngest heading off to Kindergarten in the Fall, combined with the fact that working from home is becoming a bit of a struggle, we decided to begin our search for a preschool for Ben to start attending a few days a week.  And we found the PERFECT place.

While his "official" start day isn't until February, the school encouraged us to come in for a few practice days to help ease the transition.  Yesterday was the big day!  

Ben only spent the morning there, (I picked him up before lunch), but in his first few hours he got to:
  • Meet the school bunny, Superman
  • Play outside
  • Meet new friends in the room
  • Use the potty (5 times, apparently - I think he uses it as an excuse to wash his hands, but I'll take it!)
  • Participate in circle time - which I'm told he sat for the entire time (shocking!)
  • Dump out every bin containing every toy in the class room all at once (not shocking)
  • Learn about cleaning up toys before taking out new toys
I heard that he had a bit of a tough time after I left (tears, and "I want Mama"), but he adjusted quickly.  I know it will just get easier for him.

And his account of the day - "School is awesome!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment