Friday, September 2, 2011

38 Week Prenatal Appointment

Thankfully, I have great insurance.  MAN - I feel like I'm at doctor's appointments all the time lately.  Because I am.

I had my 38 week appointment this morning, and surprise-surprise, I'm only measuring at 36 weeks.  Both my doctor and I were a little confused, as last week another doctor measured me at 38 weeks...but I guess there is room for error when 2 different people are doing the measuring.  While she was pleased at the results from last weekend's ultrasound, she still ordered another one for this afternoon.  Ben was moving a TON during my appointment this morning, which she was happy to see.  Now that I'm an old pro at the ultrasound appointments, I'm thinking nothing of the fact that I will be going in for another one today.

We discussed labor a little more.  I told her that both Greg and I aren't interested in seeing...well, anything...during the birth.  She laughed and said that was fine, but also told me that seeing it all happening is the coolest thing in the world.  I guess it makes sense that she feels that way, since she has chosen a profession where she sees it All. The. Time.  (Hilary, do you and John feel the same...I'm thinking no)?

I had the option to have her "check me" (for dilation), but I passed.  I think that it would only make the waiting that much harder, especially because it basically means nothing in terms of when labor will happen.  Maybe I will have her check next week?

I found out that my doctor had to reschedule her trip that had her leaving town on my due date for 4 days, and instead she is out of town NEXT weekend!  This is good news if Ben decides to arrive on time, or a few days late :)

Finally, I asked her if due to my fluid level increase, I could start getting active again - walking, moderate yoga, ANYTHING.  She said no.  Since I have proven that for me, increased activity = lower amniotic fluid and lots of rest = higher amniotic fluid, I need to continue on with that. 

So, I guess this means that I'm going into a beautiful, sunny (yet too warm if you ask me) 3-day weekend with absolutely nothing on the agenda but some R&R.  Could be worse ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment