Friday, September 2, 2011

38 Weeks

How far along: 38 weeks
Weight gain: 28 lbs - down 1 from last week.

How big is baby: 6.8 pounds and over 19.5 inches long.
Maternity clothes:  Yes.  SO looking forward to wearing some of my non-maternity clothes (hopefully) soon.
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Sleep has been good, but less-good this week.  Overall,  I really have lucked out with this throughout my pregnancy....but lately I've found myself waking up and staying awake more often.  I'm not sure if it's a physical discomfort issue, or if my mind is preoccupied with the baby coming so soon.  Probably both.
Best moment this week: Speaking of sleep, I spent a lot of this last weekend napping :)  After visiting with Shauna, I got a glimpse into what the first few days is like after bringing home a brand new baby.  I hope to get as much rest as possible in these last days/weeks leading up to delivery.  I think the best moment this week was meeting baby Bronson.  Another best was the ultrasound I had done over the weekend (last Saturday).  They really are staying on top of my low amniotic fluid issue, and I'm happy to report that I'm now at a 12.4 (much better than my low of 8.7 which was what caused all of this additional testing and check ups).  They also conducted a Biophysical Profile to measure how Ben is doing, and he received 8 out of 8 points!  They gave him 2 points for the good fluid level, 2 points for "tone" (opening and closing his hands - he was even grabbing his toes!), 2 points for how well he was practicing his breathing and 2 points for movement.  Also in the "best" category?  Nightly foot rubs, courtesy of Greg :)
Movement: Yes.  It's nice because it really does not hurt anymore, I'm more just surprised by his sometimes sudden movements.
Food Cravings: Not really, no.  I'm trying to shift my mind into my post-baby food mindset, where I hopefully will not give in to my cravings as easily as I have been able to during pregnancy ;)
Labor Signs: Some mild-moderate cramping here and there and some low back pain, but otherwise, no.
Belly button in or out: Out....but there are times, depending on Ben's position, that it's flat again.

What I miss: I don't really miss anything too much right now.  Trying to enjoy the moment before everything changes!
What I'm looking forward to: Now that Ben is full term, I am REALLY looking forward to his arrival!  I am still nervous about what my labor and delivery will be like (not to mention everything that follows), but it's more of a curious-nervous than anything else :)  Greg and I are officially on baby watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment