Friday, September 16, 2011

Well, well, well....here we (still) are at 40 weeks


How far along: 40 weeks
Weight gain: 30 lbs

How big is baby: 7.5 pounds and 20 inches long (although, who really knows at this point...!)  Greg and I asked our moms what our measurements were at birth.  I was 7 lbs, 1/2 an ounce and we think 20 inches long (there may have been an error on my birth certificate, LOL).  Greg was 7 lbs, 7 oz and 19 inches long.  Wondering if Ben will be similar in size?
Maternity clothes:  Yep. 
Stretch marks: Still in the clear!
Sleep: Still annoyed by the frequent (as in hourly) bathroom trips and heartburn, but I still wake up feeling rested. Sleeping on my stomach is something that will be an option for me again soooo soon.  Yippie! 
Best moment this week: Hmmm.  "Best".  I spent a lot of this week mildly annoyed that things didn't seem to be progressing, but in between pity parties, I did squeeze in a few fun things :)  Over the weekend, Greg and I watched our friend Collin skydive and then had a lunch and movie date.  (Contagion was a great movie - I highly recommend it)!  My friends Lisa and Rachel came over and hung out for awhile on Sunday evening - always fun!  Also, my friend Kim took me out to dinner on Wednesday night, which was super nice of her.  I swear, I have been SO spoiled throughout this pregnancy.  I know I say it a lot, but I feel so incredibly lucky by the amazing support system Greg and I (and soon Ben) have.
Movement: Yes - and uncomfortable again.  In fact, this is the foot that I am constantly feeling dig into my right ribs:


Food Cravings: My appetite is still about half what it was during most of my pregnancy.
Labor Signs: Ha.  I think that most first time moms can relate to what I'm going through, in that I'm having a hard time determining what is and is not a labor sign.  From what I'm told, I will KNOW when what I'm experiencing is "real" and when it's just a "pre-labor" symptom.  I do know, however, that I'm experiencing a lot more braxton hicks lately and a lot of cramping and back aches.  I have also progressed since last week's appointment in that I'm slightly dilated (maybe 1/2 - 1 cm) and 50% effaced.  After about 4 hours of appointments yesterday (weekly check up, ultrasound, fetal heart rate monitoring, etc.) I went to my friend Willow for a labor-inducing massage.  She basically focused on pressure points on my feet, ankles and legs that DEFINITELY made me have contractions while I was there.  I had some cramping throughout the evening as well, but that is about it.  Maybe it will kick start something soon?
Belly button in or out: Sometimes out, sometimes flat - always disgusting.

What I miss: I know that I am not the most patient person in the world....but making someone like me wait potentially another week for their baby is a mild form of torture ;)  I can tell Greg is getting anxious as well!  For now, we will continue to wait...
What I'm looking forward to: This week is going to be the week, that much I know for sure.  Unless Ben decides to arrive on his own, I'm scheduled for induction next Friday! 

3 comments:

  1. Your belly looks a lot lower this week and adorable as ever. While it might not feel good (back pains, etc), 40 weeks looks pretty damn good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!!! Time for the pump to get the labor going....

    ReplyDelete