Thursday, September 8, 2011

39 Weeks - And hoping this will be my last weekly update...!



How far along: 39 weeks
Weight gain: 30 lbs

How big is baby: About 7 pounds and 20 inches long.
Maternity clothes:  Yes and getting SO sick of them.  It doesn't help that summer seems to have finally arrived in Seattle and I'm hot all the time.  Yes folks, we've reached the complain-y part of pregnancy.
Stretch marks: No..and fingers crossed I can make it to the end without them!
Sleep: Decent, but I feel like I'm getting up or having to switch sides all the time.  I'm lucky that I'm usually able to fall right back asleep after doing so.  I'm hoping that this means I will be able to get some good chunks of sleep in between feeding/changing Ben throughout the night as well.
Best moment this week: I think the best thing that happened this week was that my best friend Lisa reached the summit of Mount Rainier!  Her account of her adventures have me thinking that childbirth will be a BREEZE!  Lisa is someone I have always looked up to, and it didn't surprise me at all that she accomplished something SO major this last weekend!  Ben is so lucky to have someone like her to take him out to do things his mom is too scared to do herself :)


As for me, this has been a pretty boring week.  Since I am still supposed to keep my activity level on the low side, I have not been able to do much.  I also have done literally everything I can think of to prepare for the baby.  I'm so thankful that I have work to distract me until the end of my pregnancy!  I did, however, get to visit with some friends this week - which is always a "best" in my book!  Maureen, Rachel and Maeve stopped by for a visit over the weekend, as did Shauna, Brandon and Bronson.  We had lunch with our friend Adam while he was visiting in town as well!  I'm sure that Greg would much rather be out and about, doing fun activities in the sunshine (as would I), but he has done a great job at keeping me company and reminding me that this is only temporary.  We both can't wait for next summer to roll around!
Movement: Yep!
Food Cravings: Not really.  My appetite has really decreased this week...
Labor Signs: I occasionally think that I feel something (cramping, contractions?) but nothing that has me feeling like labor is approaching.  I think I'm just hyper-sensitive to every sensation I feel right now, especially because I'm hoping for labor signs at this point.  My doctor confirmed this morning that my cervix is "closed and thick".  Dang it.  This does not necessarily mean that labor is far away, but it definitely means that nothing is in the works at this moment!
Belly button in or out: Out/Flat depending on his position
What I miss: Cold weather - I'm so ready for Fall!
What I'm looking forward to: Baby time.

No comments:

Post a Comment