Monday, March 5, 2012

Grandma Mondays


I cannot express how thankful I am for Mondays.  On Sunday evenings both Greg and I typically have a small case of the end-of-weekend blues, as Monday is the start of another busy week of work without much downtime for our family.  It's always just a little bit sad when we put Ben down to bed on Sunday nights. 

However, Monday always ends up being a great day!  I feel SO lucky that my mom was able to cut back to 4 days a week in order to stay with Ben 1 day each week.  I am also VERY thankful that she chose for her day to be Mondays.

Each Monday morning when she arrives to watch Ben, I am able to finish getting ready and then get out the door without having to pack up all of my things, AND Ben's things, AND Ben!  I am able to drive straight to work, which cuts about 30 minutes off of my morning commute (and my afternoon commute).  It just makes for a much more relaxed day.

In addition to watching Ben, my mom has decided to make a meal for us each Sunday to bring with her on Mondays!  So far she has made Clam Spaghetti, Minestrone, Chili, and tonight she has made Teriyaki Chicken!  She also has made us a dessert or another type of snack each week.

This morning, my mom brought bran muffins and chocolate chip cookies.  It's SO nice of her to go out of her way to help us like this and we REALLY appreciate it! 

Thanks mom/grandma! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment