Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rachel's Bachelorette! (What Happens in Seattle...)

....will be blogged about in great detail!

On Saturday, March 10th, we celebrated Rachel's last night out as a single lady!  This has been a night that I had been anticipating for a lonnnnnng time!  It was both a night I was SO excited for, to celebrate Rachel and have a fun night out, and also a night I was really nervous about, as it was my first night away from Ben (overnight)!  I have to admit, a few months ago I would not have been ready to do it.  BUT - as the weekend grew closer and closer, I found myself not really sad at all and ready to enjoy a night with some girlfriends!

I packed up my stuff, fed Ben, and got him down for his afternoon nap before hitting the road!



We met in our suite at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle.  Our room, on the 29th floor, had a killer view:


We spent a few hours talking, having some drinks and got ready to go out.  Next up was Barrio on Capital Hill, where we had a pre-set menu of options of delicious food to choose from:











We then moved the party to Purr, and finally Neighbours where we danced, people watched, and celebrated Rachel's last night out!  It was SO MUCH FUN, and I laughed SO much that night. 


The bride

A few days before the weekend, I realized it was going to be Daylight Savings Time on Saturday night, (bad planning!) which meant that many of us didn't get to bed until after 4 am (and even later for some)!  I am used to a 9 pm bedtime, but apparently cocktails and lots of entertainment helped me push through ;) 

We ended the event with a delicious room service brunch - much needed after a big night out! 

We are all soooooo excited for you, BFF.  5.5 weeks until the big day!

Mom side note: I had been wondering how I would be able to be away from Ben for a long period of time while he is still nursing.  I actually had a lot of anxiety about it, as I was worried he would not take his bottle and that I would somehow mess up my supply by not being with him for 24 ish hours.  Luckily, Ben took his bottle like a champ and was as happy as a clam while I was away.  I had to pump twice at the hotel before we went out, and then didn't pump again until about 7 am, which is the normal amount of time I go on the nights where Ben sleeps all the way through.  I had had these visions of myself having to tote my pump all around Seattle with me and pumping in the bathrooms of the various clubs we went to - but that was obviously not the case, haha!  We both survived :)


No comments:

Post a Comment