Monday, March 5, 2012

Rachel's Bridal Shower

Last April, when Rachel and Peter got engaged, I think there were a few of us that mentally began to brainstorm ideas for her bridal shower.  Rachel has been so involved in planning and executing some of the greatest showers for her friends, that we were eager to return the favor.  Some got into the details FAR more than others (ahem, Maureen), for which I am most thankful!  I was totally in baby-planning mode, and then newborn-baby-mode, and it was so amazing that there were a team of us to plan and prepare for Rachel's Sex and the City themed shower :)

Becca and Cam's house has become the go-to place to hold events for this group, and they again were nice enough to open their home for this party!  Maureen arrived before me to start putting up all of the decor that she had been dedicating her nights to the week prior to the shower, and it turned out SO perfect.  When I arrived, I started to download music for the SATC play list - all songs that were featured either in the movie or on the series.  After set up, I ran to pick up the sushi we had ordered as the rest of the girls put the finishing touches on the room, and guests began to arrive at 5 pm.

Everyone looked so fantastic in their "cocktail attire"!  Rachel in particular looked beyond amazing.  We played a few games, ate some food, and then watched her open her themed gifts.  Everyone was told to bring a gift based on an assigned SATC character, which ended up being super hilarious.  This is a group that KNOWS their SATC ladies :)

Here are several pictures that I stole from other blogs and photo albums (thanks to all of the photographers)!

Congrats to you Rachel!  I cannot wait for the big day!


Invitations, made by Layne



Beautiful decor by Maureen


Delicious cupcakes made by Kalle


Party Favors - assorted beauty supplies and Vogue Magazines!


Pin the *various items* on Rachel aka Carrie Bradshaw


The bride to be with her bridesmaids!
(Kalle, Rachel, Maureen and me)


Chi-O's! XO


Layne, me, Jecca and Erica

And finally, the game - How Well do the Bride and Groom Know Each Other?

I had a fun time with this one.  A few weeks prior to the shower, Greg, Ben and I went over to Rachel and Peter's for a breakfast date.  Before we left, without Rachel knowing, I recorded Peter giving his answers to the game so that we could show it at the shower.  It was fun to surprise Rachel with this, and I think everyone enjoyed it too :)


2 comments:

  1. Still swooning over the pics from this. Want to live through it agaaaain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing...
    Rachel's Bridal

    ReplyDelete