Friday, March 23, 2012

Things Ben Likes

Since our little man has developed his own personality, full of likes and dislikes, I wanted to blog about some of his favorite things.  I am enjoying this age SO MUCH!

Likes:

Cars - Watching them go by on the street, riding in them, and playing with slobbering on his toy cars.

When I sing "The Itsy, Bitsy Spider" to him.  He immediely lights up the second I begin the first lyric.  In general, he likes to be sung to.

His Pal Scout.  He LOVES Scout.  I think it's the little kid voice behind the puppy face that he enjoys the most, but it's really cute.  Ben has learned how to press his paws to make him sing/talk, so that has been fun for him.  (Side note - when finding the website to link to my blog, I discovered My Pal Violet!!!  I had no idea Scout had a sister.  I immediately ordered one for our friend Violet, it was fate).


Texture.  I think all babies like this, but Ben is really into texture at the moment.  When I changes his diaper, his left hand immediately jets out to run his fingers up and down the textured wall next to the changing table.  He also likes to grab Greg's face when it's a little "scratchy".

Going outside.  Ben likes when we go on walks.

Watching TV. 

The vacuum.  Whenever we turn it on he will stop what he is doing and watch it go back and forth.

Babies!  He loves to look at babies - particularly himself.  He loves the mirror and he loves watching videos of himself. 
Baths - He is getting very splish-splashy these days.  I don't think he has ever cried at bathtime - we have a little water baby!  I am hoping to enroll Greg and Ben in some Saturday morning swim "lessons" this summer!

Peek-a-Boo type games.  He loves when you look at him, look away, and then surprise him by looking back.  He will giggle and it's pretty much the best thing ever.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment