This morning when I woke up (after 11 glorious hours of sleep, which occurred after a night of approximately 3 hours of sleep due to what I can only assume was teething pain), my mind immediately started running through all of the things I needed to do today.
* Make coffee
* Finish a document/send an email for work, (and various other work-related tasks)
* What will we have for dinner?
* When can I get to the mall to find something to wear for the bachelorette party?
* What does a 30-year-old mom even WEAR for a night of boozing/clubbing on Capital Hill?
* I wonder when Greg will get home so I can squeeze in some yoga?
* Etc. Etc.
I then woke Ben up, watched him smile for a few minutes, and sat him upright. And it occurred to me that he too has an agenda. With serious determination in his eyes, he:
* Grabbed his feet
* Blew spit bubbles
It was like he was waiting all night to accomplish these tasks.
I guess we both have some work to do today!