Thursday, March 1, 2012

The most important thing he has to do today


This morning when I woke up (after 11 glorious hours of sleep, which occurred after a night of approximately 3 hours of sleep due to what I can only assume was teething pain), my mind immediately started running through all of the things I needed to do today. 

* Make coffee
* Finish a document/send an email for work, (and various other work-related tasks)
* What will we have for dinner?
* When can I get to the mall to find something to wear for the bachelorette party?
* What does a 30-year-old mom even WEAR for a night of boozing/clubbing on Capital Hill?
* I wonder when Greg will get home so I can squeeze in some yoga?
* Etc. Etc.

I then woke Ben up, watched him smile for a few minutes, and sat him upright.  And it occurred to me that he too has an agenda.  With serious determination in his eyes, he:

* Grabbed his feet
* Blew spit bubbles

It was like he was waiting all night to accomplish these tasks.

I guess we both have some work to do today!


2 comments:

  1. If you still need help thinking of what to wear, let me know. I am sure I can come up with several options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm still stumped after this weekend, I'll holla!

    ReplyDelete