Thursday, July 10, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of July 14th

Review from last week:

Greg made some of my favorite chicken (marinated in tandoori and teriyaki sauce and grilled) to go with the last of our Blue Apron meals from the week prior - crispy sweet corn fritters, which were just okay.



The Blue Apron meals from this week were 3 for 3 in the amazing department.  The Chicken and sauteed bulger with tomato salad and creamy lemon-yogurt was REALLY good.  I've finally found a way to cook chicken that Ben likes (lightly seasoned and seared in a pan.  The olive oil gives it just enough of a crispy crust that he mistakes it for a "nugget".  And the bulger (which is a new thing I'm totally into) was so delicious with the yogurt sauce (non-fat greek yogurt, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper).



The cod and squash (cooked in a "packet" of parchment paper and baked with the cooked quinoa and raw squash) was so flavorful and easy to make.  Another thing I like about Blue Apron - I'm learning new cooking styles!  



Finally, the Filipino-Style Beef Picadillo over rice was super tasty and not something I would EVER think to make on my own, nor was it something that sounded particularly good on a HOT summer evening - but it did taste great.  I would make something like this again - but in the fall, to have with a glass bottle of red.



Plan for next week:

Friday: Mexican, which always sounds good on a warm weekend evening.  I found this recipe for black bean & corn salad with chipolte-honey vinaigrette that sounds fantastic, so I think I'll give it a try.  I made a batch of it tonight to chill over night in the fridge and marinated flank with this balsalmic marinade we never did last week.  There will be nothing to do tomorrow except grill it and whip up a batch of margaritas and a cheese quesadilla for Ben :)

Saturday: Callie, Phil, Mira and Maylee are coming over for dinner!  I'm so excited - it seems so rare these days that we get together aside from when I'm dropping Ben off :(  It will be so fun to enjoy a little QT with the 4 of them!  I'm planning (for Greg) to make Pineapple Pork Kabobs.

Sunday: Leftovers or out to dinner (i.e. take out).

Monday: Moroccan Chicken Brochettes

Tuesday: Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce.  Will definitely be adding shrimp to these, and possibly omitting the noodles (depending whether I can locate them at the grocery store or not)!  This is another recipe I might use as inspiration.

Wednesday: Pasta with golden garlic and heirloom tomatoes.  Will use up whatever pasta I have OR if I can get my hands on a spaghetti squash, I'll use that.  Might also add Italian sausage - TBD.  I'll make some broccoli with  mizithra to go with it.

Thursday: Seared salmon with lemon quinoa salad - using arugula instead of pea tendrils.

No comments:

Post a Comment