Thursday, July 17, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of July 21st

Review from last week:

Friday was a hot and draining day.  I was so happy to have dinner all prepped and ready to go.  The black bean & corn salad was delicious.  I had basically filled up on it while the steak was grilling - I just couldn't stop sneaking bites in!



Forgot to take pictures of our BBQ with the Olsons - aside from this adorable one of the kids:



We tried a new recipe from Bon Appetit - Moroccan Chicken Brochettes with garlic yogurt sauce - and it was really great and simple.



I made a "pasta" dish with Italian sausage, "golden" garlic (i.e. toasted in a pan), tomatoes, red pepper flakes, basil and Parmesean that I thought was pretty good (although I don't think Greg or Ben cared much for it).  



On Wednesday it was so freaking hot that we opted to go out for pizza at Elliott Bay Pizza - great pizza (and beer).  


Tonight, I had both cod and asparagus that I needed to use up, so we had lemon pepper cod and roasted asparagus with a poached egg on top.  


Plan for next week:

Friday: Our neighbors are coming over for dinner, so we thought we would make Chicken Paillard.  Easy to make ahead the night before and throw on the grill!



Saturday:  Greg and I are going out to dinner while Ben hangs with Grandma :)

Sunday: BBQ with Maureen & Vitaliy + the kids.  I think I'll make another batch of the Black Bean & Corn Salad and have Greg throw some tandoori chicken on the grill.

Monday: Toasted Quinoa Salad with Scallops and Snow Peas

Tuesday: Dinner at Robin, Garrett and Graycen's house!  It's been awhile since we have seen them and we are so excited to see their new home!


Wednesday: Chicken Wedge Salad with Apple, Walnuts, and Lemon-Blue Cheese Dressing

Thursday:  With plans to go away for the weekend, I thought a night of "use what you have" for dinner was in order.  

No comments:

Post a Comment