Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Big Boy Bed


Well, it's official this time.  After a weekend trial run in February that resulted in a momentary "he is growing up way too fast" mommy panic, we officially made the transition to the BIG BOY BED yesterday!!!  Having cute bedding and the desire to crawl in bed and read books with my little guy gave me the final push to make it happen, and I'm really glad we did.

The bed was delivered right before nap time, so after several rounds of jumping on and off of his new bed, he was very ready to take a nap.

I explained to him that playing/jumping on his bed was fine, but that during nap and bed time, he needed to lay down and sleep.  I asked him to stay in bed and let me know he was ready to get up after he slept, and he seemed to understand that well enough.

I had the monitor with me constantly and was so.freaking.excited that after 1.5 hours, he was still happily snoozing!

Horrible monitor pictures:



I was on a conference call when suddenly, after 2 hours, Ben apparently fell out of his bed in the middle of a DEEP SLEEP.  He cried the most panic-filled what-the-FFFFF-just-happened-to-me cry I have ever heard.  I rushed to get him and it, sadly, took awhile to calm him down.  We agreed that I would move his bed to a wall and make it more safe for night time.  (OOPS!)

New layout:  


I also immediately ordered these so we should have total peace of mind very soon.

But I'm happy to report that he went down to bed with zero problems last night and even slept in this morning - hooray!! 

So proud of my big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment