Monday, August 18, 2014

"I want some Dada RIGHT NOW"


Ben is 100% going through a Dada phase as of late.  Sure, I'm still the one he wants to tuck him into bed (or these days, lay with him in his bed until he falls asleep), but otherwise, he wants to be with Greg doing one of their various activities together:
  • Going to the park
  • Going on a walk around the neighborhood (Greg, often holding a plastic cup of beer) ;)
  • Walking around the yard while Greg sprays insect killer on every bug he sees.
  • Jumping on couches or beds
  • Having a dance party in the shower
  • Eating a snack while Greg makes silly noises every time Ben takes a "big dog bite"
  • Watching a "new" cartoon (we are desperately trying to expand beyond Monsters, Inc right now - why do kids always want to watch the same thing a zillion times)?
The other day, while Greg was inspecting the wooden yard border thing I backed into at the bottom of our driveway (it was bound to happen - I'm surprised it took me 2 years), Ben saw him from the window and proclaimed "I want some Dada RIGHT NOW".  He demanded his shoes and hustled down the driveway because he couldn't possibly wait for him to come back.

It's pretty darn cute, I must say.  (And leaves me with extra free time to clean and watch Bravo solo).  Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment