Friday, August 22, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of August 25th

Review from last week:

Mahi Mahi fish tacos, but instead of making the chipolte sauce, we just used the jalapeno/cilantro hummus from trader joes.  I had mine over cabbage in a bowl (my new lower-carb option go-to).



BBQ chicken.  The shredded chicken from Costco (Jack Daniels pulled BBQ) is amazing!  Just as flavorful as the pork was, but much healthier.  And you can cook it in the microwave in 4 minutes - perfect for a week night.  Greg and Ben had theirs on a pizza, I had mine with - what else - cabbage.  I also tossed in some roasted brussels sprouts.  Yum.



Not pictured, but seriously, if you have not tried this tomato soup yet you are MISSING OUT.  I finally measured, and I only use 1/4 cup heavy cream instead of the 2 cups the recipe calls for.  It is still creamy and delicious and an extremely low calorie yet filling soup.  The boys had their with some Italian-Style meatballs from Costco.

The stuffed chicken breasts were great, as usual.  This is definitely in our top 10 meals.  And look how easy it is.  Pound the chicken, top it with ingredients, roll up and dip in breadcrumbs, and bake.





I'll be making the pasta tomorrow night and we can have that for 2 days :)  Tonight I'm headed to enjoy take out and wine with Rachel and Raleigh!

Plan for next week:

Monday: BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad

Tuesday:  Crock Pot Turkey Breast with roasted carrots and Brussels Sprouts.

Wednesday: Leftover turkey with Sauteed Julienned Summer Vegetables.

Thursday: Trader Joe's Spicy Beef and Broccoli

Friday:  Chorizo Tostadas with Pickled Red Onions, Lime Crema and Queso Fresco - possibly made salad-style over cabbage to keep it slightly healthier (served with margaritas, of course = 3 DAY WEEKEND)!

Saturday: Naan pizzas - I picked up some frozen naan from trader joes and thought we could have a little make-your-own-pizza night.  Something kid-friendly for Ben, but for Greg and I, something delicious, like this fig, prosciutto, and goat cheese pizza recipe I came across on my favorite wine blog, Wander & Wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment