Friday, August 29, 2014

Meal Planning: Week of September 1st

Review from last week:

I made a turkey breast in the crock pot (same recipe I used for Thanksgiving last year) and it came out juicy and delicious again.  



The first night we had it with spiralized zucchini and squash, and sauteed with onion and garlic.



The second night we had it reheated and topped with steamed lentils, bruschetta sauce (both from Trader Joe's) and a sprinkle of feta cheese.  I wish I could have captured the look on Greg's face when I told him that is how I was repurposing the turkey.  It was a mix of disgust and annoyance.  BUT - he absolutely loved it when he tried it and even went back for more lentils.  So, Jessica for the win.



I literally ate lentils/bruschetta for lunch every day this week.

The cilantro I had went bad, so we modified the chorizo tostadas a bit and just had it over lettuce with lime-crema sauce.  This wasn't my favorite, partially due to the fact that I had just watched "Forks over Knives", a documentary about the benefits of a plant-based diet, and I was feeling pretty guilty about the amount of meat we have been consuming.  I'm such a sucker - I really should avoid watching stuff like that...

Plan for next week:

Friday: Going to the Christensen's for fish tacos!

Saturday: Out to eat!  We are in a Cabo state of mind - and there is a little Mexican place in Bothell we have been wanting to try.

Sunday:  Naan pizzas or Trader Joe's spicy beef and broccoli.

Monday: Labor Day!  Grilled tandoori steak and veggies to celebrate the end of the weekend (and the unofficial end of summer).

Tuesday: Tomato-Basil Soup and sandwiches (BLT's or grilled cheese).

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Japanese Okonomiyaki with Dried Mizuna and Garlic-Lemon Sauce.  Whaaaaa?  I went for the vegetarian plan this week, so there are several ingredients I've never heard of before.  

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Rose Romaine & Painted Oak Lettuce Salad with Plums, Cucumber and Toasted Brie Baguettes.  Seriously, click on this link and tell me how delicious that looks!

Friday: Blue Apron Meal: Fresh Cavatelli & Sun Gold Tomatoes with Basil-Seed Ricotta & Opal Basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment