Friday, January 2, 2015

2014

As far as I'm concerned, 2014 has been another amazing year.  Life is full of ups and downs, but I really prefer to focus on the GOOD.

2014 was the year that:
  • Ben started talking.....a LOT...and it's been amazing being able to fully communicate with him every day since.
  • Ben started SINGING - which is possibly one of my favorite things he does these days.
  • we didn't go away on a "real" vacation (although we certainly tried)!  And it ended up being okay!  It allowed for a lot of quiet times at home and more quality family time than we have had in years.  
  • Hilary, John and Violet came to visit during the hottest week of the year: highlight - Ben and Violet's first sailboat ride and an adult night out: Book of Mormon and dinner at The Capital Grill
  • Ben traveled internationally (to Whistler)
  • Greg's mom Marcia came out to visit us for 2 weeks - an amazing, relaxing and lovely time!
  • The "real" parenting began.  Having a child the communicates with you means that we are now dealing with negotiation, reasoning and offering him endless choices.  It's exhausting and satisfying at the same time.
  • Greg's niece (although I PROUDLY like to claim her as my own) was accepted into nursing school!
  • we cooked and ate a LOT (and probably drank a little too much wine).
  • I started back up with a somewhat regular yoga practice.  Still working to get there 3 times a week, but I'm on my way!
  • Greg really came into his own at work.  He is constantly getting props for a job well done and is on the short list to train each new person that they hire.  I'm so proud of him.
  • we threw Ben's first birthday party!  After slacking the first couple years, I got it together and it remains one of his favorite memories.
  • Ben finally got to jump on the trampolines at Elevated Sportz 
  • we discovered Ethan Stowell ;) 
  • Lisa and Evan got married!
  • Kristin and Craig got married!
  • Baby Raleigh was born! Baby Paige was born! Baby Emmett was born!
  • Becca and Jess got engaged
And last but CERTAINLY not least:
  • my mom beat cancer :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment