Monday, January 5, 2015

Meal planning: Week of January 5th

Review from last week:

The chili we had always makes so much, so we had it for 2 nights and then again as nachos for lunch.  Also not pictured, I made the creamy lentil soup as planned and had it with another butter lettuce salad (recipe from last week).

Our NYE dinner was delicious and very rich - these creamy rosemary potatoes had 8 oz of cream cheese, some butter AND half and half.  They were almost too rich!  Almost.



I went off-plan and made Boursin and bacon stuffed chicken breasts.  Such a nice looking meal :)





On Saturday, Greg and I went to our 4th Ethan Stowell restaurant: Rione XIII.  As expected, it was perfect:

Lamb Pappardelle
Fried Artichoke with Aioli
Fried Risotto Balls with mozzarella and tomato sauce
Fennel Sausage pizza
Chocolate cake with salted caramel drizzle and ice cream 



Sunday was a productive day!  In the morning, Greg and I took Ben to the Children's Museum (renewed our membership).  When we returned, Ben napped and Greg watched football while I:


  • Reorganized my kitchen storage - I finally pulled all of my smaller appliances down from the cabinet they had been stuffed into and put them in an easy-access drawer.


  • I had 3 bananas that were overripe, so I made banana chocolate walnut bread.


  • My friend Charisse had sent me a recipe for sausage potato corn chowder that I HAD to try, so I made that for lunch.  It was perfect.


Plan for next week:

Monday: Leftover soup


Friday: Pan-seared Chicken with leftover broccoli casserole and potatoes that I froze from Christmas :)

Saturday: Saturday is MONSTER JAM, which is likely to be a long and exhausting day, so we will either have take out or, if Greg is up for it, fish and chips!

Sunday: Fish and chips (if not made Saturday) or Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash 

No comments:

Post a Comment