Monday, January 19, 2015

Meal Planning: Week of January 19th

Review from last week:

The vegetable bean soup was great and literally ate a bowl of it daily until it was gone.  (I did halve the recipe, and I'm happy I did)!  Also, I used vegetable stock, and I think next time I'll use chicken.  I suppose that takes the vegetarian quality out of it, but whatever.



Fish and chips, not pictured, but it once again was confirmation that purchasing the deep fryer was a good call.

The Mexican style quinoa and beef casserole was the perfect make-ahead meal. Plus, it was delicious and pretty healthy!  (Prepared on Monday, popped in the oven Tuesday after work).  I added some crumbles of Queso Fresco on top before baking. 


 
Chicken wedge salad (a former Blue Apron meal that we love).



Delicious spaghetti squash with ground turkey and a salad.



Sausage, shrimp and chicken jambalaya made by Greg.  SO good.


2 things:

1) It's going to be a short week of meal planning for me, because I'm heading out of town on Friday for the weekend to celebrate at Becca's bachelorette party!  

2) We are going to try to keep our meals light, as Greg partially fractered his toe last week while chasing Ben around the house!  Ben apparently stopped short, causing Greg to quickly divert himself to avoid crushing Ben, and he ended up kicking the door jam!  Anyway, it's his 4th toe, and he can still walk, but he can't run for a few weeks!

Plan for next week:

Monday: Leftovers.

Tuesday:
Butter chicken

Wednesday: Boboli thin crust pizza and salad

Thursday: Tandoori Chicken, zucchini noodles and quinoa. 

Friday: N/A

Saturday: N/A

Sunday: Coming home from Leavenworth and will likely have to grocery shop for the week ahead.  Tomato soup and grilled cheese.  Again.  We can never get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment