Monday, January 5, 2015

NYE 2014/2015


10 years ago, on NYE 2004, Greg and I were newly dating.  I cannot exactly remember where I was that evening - I think I might have been out with my friend Robin and her (boyfriend at the time, now husband) Garrett somewhere in Fremont - but I'm not 100% sure.  I do know, however, that Greg was working that night at Canyons and my plan was to meet up with him at some point.  I don't even recall if we were together at midnight that evening, but details I DO remember, vividly, were these: 

Meeting him at the Zen cafe in Mountlake Terrace, him being excited to see me and introduce me to some of his friends I hadn't yet met (as his GIRLFRIEND!  OMG!), and him leaning in to whisper in my ear, 

"I have a feeling that 2005 is going to be a REALLY good year".

(Swoon. And it was).

We have had some epic NYE celebrations since then, (with one particularly hilarious/ridiculous evening at Dan and Jeannette's cabin near Snoqualmie Pass back in 2005 or 2006 - Rachel joined us that year.  She has lots of fun stories.  Ask her).  For the following 4 years (at least) we spent the night at Dan and Jeannette's house in Lynnwood, including one hilarious evening when they both passed the F out on the couch while Greg and "helped" with a 6 month old Laryd when he woke up in the middle of the night.  We gave him a bottle, thinking we were being amazing and helpful, but the bottle we gave him had been sitting out on the counter from his last feeding and it was likely spoiled.  Oops?

Ever since Ben was born, we have spent the evening alone at home and asleep well before midnight, but THIS YEAR WE MADE IT!  Amazingly!

Kristin and Craig came over (bringing a delicious salad, a super nice bottle of wine, and pop-its for Ben)!  We ate, drank, nearly completed a puzzle, and played games!  We had such a fun time and I cannot remember a time when I laughed that hard!  Both Greg and I had sore throats from laughing the following day.

It was a great time - and a great start to 2015.  I have a feeling it's going to be another great year.


















No comments:

Post a Comment