Monday, January 26, 2015

Meal Planning - Week of January 26th

Review from last week:

One unplanned dish that I saw on Instagram and had to make was Baked Eggs with Tomatoes, Spinach and Parmesan.  I made this 3 times last week and plan to make it for myself all the time when I want something hot for breakfast for lunch.  It's one of those recipes (like our tomato soup) where you almost always have every ingredient on hand.



I also made another batch of walnut, chocolate chip banana bread that is probably my favorite banana bread recipe ever. 

Boboli pizza.  Made this one with fresh Mozzarella, basil, proschiutto and heirloom tomatoes and topped it with a drizzle of basalmic.



Thursday was stuffed bell peppers (Trader Joe's instead of homemade because I was lazy) with zoodles and roasted bell peppers on the side.


Not pictured: butter chicken, which was delicious but has me craving the kind you get at an actual Indian food restaurant!

Plan for next week:

Monday: Leftover soup - I have chicken potato florentine, sausage potato corn chowder and vegetable soup in the freezer.


Wednesday: Leftover tacos


Friday: Out to dinner with the Cougans at a Mexican restaurant in Edmonds.  Hopefully the weather is nice enough for us to walk from their place so we can enjoy a few margaritas :) 

Saturday: TBD - I'll probably grocery shop on Saturday and make something quick and easy.  Possibly this butter chicken again, or maybe we WILL go out and get some!

Sunday: Superbowl Sunday, which means we will likely be dining on Doritos and beer with the Christensens.

No comments:

Post a Comment