Friday, April 17, 2015

Meal Planning: Week of April 20th

Review from last week:

The turkey meatball pitas were just okay.  Kinda bland.

 
 This was probably my favorite meal of the week.  Greg's super delicious grilled flank steak that I'm obsessed with, roasted zucchini with Parmesean and a fun little creation I made up: bulgur, slow roasted cherry tomatoes, arugula, feta cheese with lemon juice. 
 
 
And then there was the other best part of the meal: impromptu BFF(s) for company! 
 
 
 Japanese pancakes.  I beg you, please try these sometime.  Or come over and I'll make them for you.
 
 
On Tuesday I was scrolling through Instagram and one of my favorite accounts, @thefeedfeed had a picture of fish tacos with Sriracha cream sauce.  YUM.  We had already been thawing cod that day to make fish and chips, and just happened to have Sriracha, sour cream and lime juice at home to make the sauce - so instead we had fish tacos.  And they were amazing.


This week we tried Hello Fresh, and while it was fun to try a new company, we will be sticking with Blue Apron.  The portions were probably larger with this company, but I wasn't as impressed with the flavor. 

BUT - I did learn how to make chicken primavera - which will be useful in the future!  It was a good recipe to use as a guide for when I have a lot of random vegetables to use up.
 
 
I also learned how to make gyozas!  And I have a bunch of little gyoza/wonton wraps leftover for future use.  And how cute are those little soy sauce fish?
 




Tonight we will make the final Hello Fresh meal, Lemon-Roasted Tilapia with Provencale Saute.

Saturday: The Olsons are coming over for dinner!  Chicken enchiladas and guacamole! 

Sunday: Tandoori chicken, roasted squash and bulgur.


Monday: Creamy tomato basil soup and salad.

Tuesday: Blue Apron Meal: Almond-Crusted Cod with Snap Peas & Radish-Red Quinoa Salad

Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal: Piri-Piri Chicken with Coconut-Smashed Plantains & Stewed Collard Greens

Thursday: Blue Apron Meal: Triple Pork Ramen with Roasted Garlic & Pea Tips

Friday: Greg is out of town all weekend for a golf trip with his coworkers, so I'm making a dish I know he would hate:  Cauliflower "Fried Rice" with grilled chicken.
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment