Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Week in Photos

Greg is always so awesome at busting out the Radio Flyer and giving Ben and his friends rides around the house.  Raleigh seemed to enjoy it :)
 
 
 
Rachel brought me flowers that looked like tulips, until they opened and now I have no idea what they are?
 
 
I normally never agree to the car cart at the grocery store, but Ben asked me VERY sweetly this time so I went for it.  Luckily, the store was super empty and I managed to get around okay in it.  We even got to "race" down the aisles that were empty. 
 
 
 
I don't know why, but walking into our room and seeing Ben like this made me laugh so hard.  It was his little shadow that really did me in.  I think it reminds me of the witch's feet in Wizard of Oz when she is stuck under the house.
 
 
Photo-bombing Ben's selfie sesh. 


 
Ben had the best time ever at the park with his two favorite ladies - Mira and Maylee!  Look at all the love in this photo :) 


Ben will often grab my phone and say "Can I take a picture of you _____________" (fill in the blank with whatever I'm doing).  I think he does it because the camera is the only thing he can access when my phone is locked.  He has asked me the following:
 
Can I take a picture of you getting dressed?  (No).
 
Can I take a picture of you going potty? (NO).
 
This one was, "Can I take a picture of you making me peanut butter toast"?  (Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee).  And then he took 1,463.


Ben seems to be enjoying himself more and more at school with each week that passes.  I actually watched from the window the other morning when I dropped him off.  He had seemed a little sad as I was leaving, but then as SOON as he thought I was gone, he took off running and laughing after a little boy that was doing the same.  So, he is straight up PLAYING me.

 
They have a creative drama who teaches a few classes a week, and I have noticed Ben doing more pretending at home as a result of it!  Here is a summary of what they did in class last week:
 
When a dragon moves in by Jodi Moore
 
We’ve started by building a perfect sandcastles with tall towers and lots of tunnels. After this was done we decided to build a fort that would fit all of us (We used chairs and a cover). We really hoped that a dragon might want to move into our fort. So we left our hideout and went to swim. It was a hot summer day on the beach, so we splashed and swam and enjoyed ourselves a lot. When we c...ame back from the water it turned out that someone spilled my things out of my bag. The kids swore they didn’t have anything to do with that. But they started to suspect that it had something to do with a dragon. Then we went to have some ice cream and each child got exactly the kind he ordered, the ice cream started to melt and we became very messy and sticky. We finished eating ice cream and went into the water once again. This time we pretended to be different sea creatures, such as sharks, dolphins and turtles. Soon we felt that it was the right time to have a snack. I went to get my lunchbox and to my big surprise discovered that it was opened and everything I had in it was eaten. I checked with the children and once again they told me that they believed it was the dragon. Soon kids became bored hanging out on the beach and I offered to bring my notebook so they could draw in it. When I opened my bag I was astonished to see ripped and burned out pages. This definitely was the dragon. So we called the police and gave our testimonials to the officer. Yes, we saw it, he was huge, red, with sharp teeth and cricket nails and he ate all our candies and cookies. Something had to be done. We developed a simple plan: we decided to leave a bate (cookies) on the beach and hide away. When the dragon appeared and started to nibble on our bate we caught him with a big net. We acted as a team and moved very quietly. Hooray, we did it!


 
They also do yoga :)
 




Center time.  (Always a fun surprise seeing Ben sitting at a table with the other kids.  After his Little Gym experiences, I thought he would never be a willing participant in group activities) ;)



Circle time (and standing outside the circle - that's my boy)!


 
Lots of little blonde boys in this class :)
 


We all went to the Science Center last weekend (we bought a membership and are determined to get good use of it) and this is one of Ben's favorite exhibits.  It's a room that has "food" on a conveyer belt.  You can then scan each food item into the computer and create a "balanced" meal.  The computer will tell you the number of calories/fat/sodium/etc per serving and then you drag them into breakfast, lunch or dinner.


Here is mine:


Here is Ben's:

2 bagel and cream cheese servings and a bowl of macaroni and cheese for breakfast, with chocolate milk.

2 servings of chocolate cake and nuggets with chocolate milk for lunch.

Nuggets, nuggets and more nuggets for dinner - with chocolate milk. 


No comments:

Post a Comment