Friday, April 24, 2015

Meal Planning: Week of April 27th

Review from last week:

The last of the Hello Fresh meals we had last Friday was our favorite - Tilapia with potatoes, zucchini and cherry tomatoes with herbs.


Chicken enchiladas on Saturday.


On Sunday, I was planning to have Greg make tandoori chicken, which he did - but per his request, we also made the butter chicken sauce to go on top.  I had mine with zucchini and yellow squash "noodles".  It was perfect.

 
Greg had leftovers on Monday, and I made myself some pasta with arugula, slow roasted cherry tomatoes and Parmesean.
 
 
 
Blue Apron was 3 for 3 this week.  (They usually are). The cod dish from Blue Apron was amazing.  The fish recipes are typically our favorites. 
 
 
I loved this "dry" ramen dish with ground pork and bacon.
 

 
Piri Piri chicken.  Named for the spice blend, I think.  Greg and I usually aren't big fans of chicken thighs, but I'm now thinking it's because I don't know how to cook them.  These were GREAT.  Pan-seared for 2-3 minutes on high and then roasted in the oven at 450 for 22 ish minutes.  Crispy skin and perfectly cooked.  This dish was served with mashed lime-plantains and collard greens.
 

 
Plan for next week:

The FINAL COUNTDOWN is on.  We are just 2 weeks out from our Cabo vacation!  Which means the focus will be on protein and veggies and (possibly) even cutting back on alcohol.  Or should we actually be drinking more to keep our tolerance up? ;) 

Greg is heading out of town after work.  I'm excited to have a weekend with Benny on my own!  I'm made it a point to complete all work and chores in order to dedicate 100% of my time to playing with him.  We have a lot of fun things planned.

Tonight, I am going to treat him to - what else - NUGGETS AND FRIES!  I might make my cauliflower fried rice as planned, but I might cave and go the cheeseburger route.

Saturday:  Chicken and Avocado Mash Wraps


Sunday:  Crockpot Kalua Pork and Cauliflower Rice.

Monday: Grilled Salmon Kebabs

Tuesday:  BLT Salad with Corn, Feta and Avocado

Wednesday: Chicken and Avocado Mash Wraps - again. Or leftovers. 

Thursday: Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad

Friday: Greg's birthday!  Dinner TBD - we will see how the birthday boy wants to celebrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment