Friday, April 10, 2015

Week in photos

Ben had his first REAL dentist appointment this week!  Since he was quite little, I had been taking him to my dentist every 6 months as was recommended by his doctor.  Each time lasted approximately 45 seconds as Ben was not at all interested in sitting in the chair or opening his mouth.  So, when it came time for his next "cleaning", I figured I had better try a pediatric dentist.  WOW what a difference.
 
I had extremely low expectations for how this was going to go down, but Ben surprised me by actually laying down, opening his mouth, and allowing them to clean his teeth!  It certainly helped that they had Mr. Peabody playing on a TV straight above him that he could only really see if he was lying down. He was very opposed to allowing them to use the water sprayer and "Mr. Sucky Straw" to rinse his mouth after the cleaning, however.  They had to wet a little piece of gauze and try to wipe it all off.  I even gloved up and tried to do it myself because Ben kept accidently chomping down on the poor guy's finger. 
 
The Dentist himself was also great.  He got in there and counted 20 teeth.  He also gave me an idea about what to expect from Ben's "dead tooth" (from the slide incident).  He told me that the infection has remained in the tooth and has not spread to his gums, (good news) but that it might fall out earlier than it normally would have (not great news).  He also told me that Ben has a bit of a cross bite and tight teeth - so when his baby teeth fall out and his adult teeth start to grow in, it could be a bit of a mess.  When I asked him if we should start an orthodontic fund, he told me that would be a great idea. ($$$$).
 













 

Ben's response when I told him he could choose ONE car to bring with him to the grocery store:
 
 
 

Dying Easter eggs with Shirley, Lisa and Grandma!
 
 

Cleaning house before our Easter party!
 
Related: Ben has been a CHAMP when it comes to helping us around the house!  He is very into cleaning windows and mirrors, wiping down the counter and this past weekend he helped us rake and pick up moss from the grass and sprinkle dirt and grass seed in the lawn.  So awesome.  He is earning a couple quarters every day to put into his "truck fund".
 

A brief time out break (on our favorite aisle) at Costco.
 
 
On the way home from Costco, Ben suddenly started whimpering and crying a little.  Greg and I asked "What is wrong??" and Ben's response was ".......nothinggggggg" followed by more tears. 
 
I looked back and saw that he had his hand in his hair and looked completely panicked.  I then saw the tip of a sticker and realized that he had a sticker (or two, I later learned) stuck in his hair.  Greg and I couldn't help but laugh because his "nothing!" response was because he probably knew he had done something he shouldn't.  So funny.
 
We managed to get them out relatively pain free. 
 
 
I received this beautiful tulip planted from my coworker that retired as a thank you for helping plan his retirement party!  They now live on my deck at home.  So pretty! 
 
 
It's a good thing we have a new budget that I'm trying hard to follow that does not allow for fresh flowers ALL the time - because otherwise, all of these mini potted flowers at Trader Joe's would have made their way into my cart.


Caught Greg mid-yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment