Friday, March 11, 2016

Meal Planning: Week of March 14th

Review from last week:

Skinnytaste recipes have been part of my meal planning every week for years now, it seems.  I tried a new one: Beef Barley Soup.  It was great - loaded with protein and fiber.  I had it for lunch all week.
 

Tried my first recipe from Cravings, and this pasta was delicious.  The next time I make it I will use probably 1/2 of the crushed red pepper because it was SO FREAKING SPICY.  Greg commented that maybe that was a good thing, because if his mouth hadn't been on fire, he would have gone back and finished the entire pot.


Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Bowls.  Meatless, filling, and surprisingly, Greg enjoyed them!
 

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken: Excellent as nachos, made into a quesadilla, over rice, or plain topped with cheese.  If you are looking for an easy weeknight meal, this is it.  (PS I always add garbanzo beans when I make it).
 

Plan for next week:

Saturday: Kristin and Craig are coming over for dinner.  Kristin and I each have a copy of Chrissy Teigen's cookbook, so we are each choosing a couple things to make from it.  I'll be making the Shrimp Summer Rolls and Il Buco-Style Kale Salad.

Sunday:  Salmon Rolls and Spring Green Salad w/ Lemon Feta Dressing

Monday: Slow Cooked Jerk Pork with Caribbean Salsa

Tuesday: Leftover pork

Wednesday: Soup and Salad


Thursday: Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Crock Pot

Friday: Leftover corned beef

No comments:

Post a Comment