Thursday, March 24, 2016

Meal Planning: Week of March 28th

Review from last week:


I tried THREE new recipes this week and all of them were freaking awesome. The first was for beef stew over smashed (cream-cheesy) potatoes.  Delicious.


The next was a recipe for gyro meat that my friend Kristin had tried.  It's basically 1 lb ground beef, 1 lb ground lamb, breadcrumbs, and a few seasonings.  Once you mix it all together, you kneed it like bread for 10 minutes, form it into a loaf and bake it in the oven for an hour.  The result?  A crispy crust, juicy salty meat inside, and it was perfect for however you want to use itWe had it over lentils and as a salad and both were excellent.




And finally, Alaskan Black Cod with Ginger and Hoisin sauces.  This one was very easy and honestly tasted like a restaurant-quality dish (if I do say so myself). ;)


Plan for next week:

Saturday: Beef Enchiladas

Sunday: Easter!  We are having brunch at our house to celebrate,which means I'm definitely making this Texas French Toast Bake, which I've been craving every Sunday morning since I had it for the first time in December. For dinner Pan-Seared Salmon and Truffle Creamed Spinach (the VERY recipe for the dish we had at Strip House in NYC that I've been dreaming about since we had it last month).


Monday: Leftovers

Tuesday: Creamy Crock Pot Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Wednesday: One Pot Chicken Chow Mein


Thursday: Dinner with Rachel, Peter and Raleigh

Friday: Leftover Chicken Chow Mein

No comments:

Post a Comment