Tuesday, March 1, 2016

NYC Day 4

Day 4.  The day to go home.  We slept in a bit.  Greg ran out to grab us coffee and bagels while I packed up our things.  I forgot to post these on day 1, but here is the room we stayed in at St. Giles - The Court.  

Upon check in, they told us they had upgraded us to a suite - so we had this whole extra room (that we hardly used).  Still nice to have the space, though!

We chose this hotel for location and price, not luxury, however I will say that the bed was super comfortable and I have no complaints.  (Coming from a total hotel snob, I'm really happy with this place).




We had hit all of our "must sees" already, so we decided to wander straight out towards the Hudson to walk along the river.  Sunday was VERY sunny, and clothing wise, we were not totally prepared!  I ended up taking off my jacket and I'm pretty sure I got a little sunburn on my neck/chest!  

 

We walked all the way back downtown because I decided I could go for another slice.  We stopped for a Bloody Mary at Tertulia.



Then found this wall so Greg could take a picture, followed by more Joe's Pizza - after which we swore off carbs for the rest of our lives.


Last stroll through the city.


How nice of NYC to provide this beautiful sunset as we got ready to board our plane.  I can't say it enough - this was a trip of a life time.  I cannot believe we were able to pull it together a few months ago.  So many things fell into place:

Care for Ben - it's always hard for us to arrange to be away for longer than 1 night.

Tickets to Hamilton - total bucket list item fulfilled.

Time off work - hard to come by for Greg

Great weather - despite us going in FEBRUARY, when there easily could have been a blizzard. 

I'll remember this trip forever and ever!

Miles walked: 8.84

No comments:

Post a Comment